I Quit Sugar – Week 3 onwards
Well it’s been awhile since I posted my wrap up of Week 3 of the I Quit Sugar program so I thought I should give you an update.
Week 3 is supposed to be the week when you cut out sugar altogether however after trying to do Week 3 for about 3 weeks I decided that I wanted to just continue watching how much sugar I eat but allow it in small amounts every now and then.
To revisit my goals from the end of week 2…
- Cut down on latte’s and just drink coffee with a little bit of milk (to cut out the sugars from the 2% milk they use at my coffee shop – unfortunately they don’t stock full fat milk) – My new local coffee shop stocks full fat milk and since I love my daily latte I have decided to allow myself one a day
- Now that I have finished my chocolate flavoured protein powder I am going to start using my new protein powder which has 0g of sugar – I am going to use cinnamon in my protein pancakes to make up for the lack of flavor – I succeeded with this goal and have started sweetening my protein pancakes with Stevia (more on Stevia in an upcoming post)
- Change my afternoon snack from tuna, beans and cheese (which I am finding is too filling as I am not hungry at dinner time) to just a stick of string cheese – I will see how this goes and then reevaluate after a few days – I have actually changed jobs where I am working odd hours and sometimes don’t get a break for my entire 5 hour shift so my eating habits have changed a bit. I am just eating when I feel hungry and including protein in all meals now.
- Stop eating flavoured tuna which has about ½ tsp sugar per serving and start eating plain tuna which has no sugar – done
- Start being stricter about my ‘cheat’ meal – I have been having a few too many cheat meals over the past two weeks so I am going to sit down at the beginning of the week to work out what is on that week and choose when I want my cheat meal – cheat meals for me are not going to have any sugar, they will be sweet potato fries or a burger etc (no tomato sauce!) – I am still struggling with this one and want to start concentrating on it again
- I ran out of berries half way through week 2 and I am not going to buy any more – I plan to reintroduce these later on ( I was eating these at breakfast and dessert) – it’s strawberry season here which means they are really cheap so I have been having strawberries for breakfast and sometimes dessert but that is the only fruit I am eating
- Start using coconut oil (when it arrives in the post) instead of olive oil and butter in frying – done
- Cut out bread for a few weeks as I can’t find any gluten free sugar free bread – I have been cutting down on the amount of bread I eat
I am now going to make monthly goals in regards to my new sugar free lifestyle. For June I am going to:
- Work on my cheat meals having only one a week
- Stop pigging out on the free food at work we get when we hold buffets
- Stop drinking Coke Zero and start adding flavoured Stevia to soda water
How is everyone else going with their I Quit Sugar program?
|Print article||This entry was posted by Petra on June 8, 2012 at 11:10 am, and is filed under Sugar free. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|
No comments yet.
about 10 months ago - 2 comments
There is a really awesome website in Canada, Well.ca, which has a great selection of gluten free foods and delivery is free! Whilst there is a pretty good selection of gluten free foods available at the two supermarkets in Banff there are some things I just cannot get my hands on. For these products I
about 1 year ago - No comments
I am going to leave you waiting a little longer before I let you know how I have gone since the end of week 2 with my I Quit Sugar journey . In the meantime I am going to tell you about my favourite I Quit Sugar snacks to date. Firstly I have been purchasing sliced
about 1 year ago - 1 comment
Here is my wrap up of week 2 of quitting sugar (this was obviously written a few weeks ago now!): So week 2 was always going to be a challenging one, but I have to say I went into it with a pretty positive mindset. So why was week 2 going to be challenging? Well
about 1 year ago - 1 comment
I had this post on another of my blogs… I guess I didn’t want to announce it to the whole world as I didn’t know what people would think… I know a lot of people will just think this is another fad diet but this is really working for me and over the next couple