Posts tagged gluten free oats
Looking for a quick and simple dessert that will wow your guests? Look no further than this berry, peanut butter granola and yogurt parfait. Best of all it’s sugar free!
- 1tbs peanut butter (the 100% peanut, no sugar kind – crunchy is best)
- 1/8 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten free)
- Yogurt (I used natural greek yogurt)
- Berries (I used black forest fruits – blackberries, black currants, cherries, morello cherries – which I defrosted and left to cool)
All you need to do is…
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix (with your hands is easiest) the peanut butter, coconut and oats and place in the More >
I have posted before about how the coeliac society’s in Australia and New Zealand note that oats should not be consumed by coeliacs without a biopsy before and after consumption (read about why here). However the Canadian Celiac Assocation state:
Clinical evidence confirms that consumption of pure, uncontaminated oats is safe in the amount of 1/2 – 3/4 cup per day for adults with celiac disease. Individuals with celiac disease who wish to add oats or oat products to their diet must ensure that the oats they are eating are free from gluten contamination.
They do note however that:
A small number of More >
A little while ago I did a post on quinoa porridge with banana, however I thought that I would revisit the concept of quinoa porridge for two reasons: 1) it is definitely feeling like porridge weather and 2) I have come across a bit of debate recently about whether oats are in fact gluten free or not.
I was made aware of Bob’s Red Mill a company based in Oregon who label their oats as being uncontaminated and therefore gluten free. I was interested to see this as I had always been told that oats, even when uncontaminated, aren’t gluten free. I More >